Share This Article
There is no chance that you open Instagram or Facebook and don’t see any ads. The eCommerce company’s ads that you see on your Instagram story or feed are what we call social media marketing.
Marketing through social media is quite common these days, and why not, it gives brands the opportunity to showcase their products and services to the masses.
For a long time, the impact of social media on eCommerce has been unmatched.
Do you know that an online store with a solid social media presence receives around 32% of sales on average?
So there’s no doubt that being active on social media platforms can do wonders for you.
But, how do these wonders occur, and how can social media marketing affect your business?
Let’s find out in this blog.
Make sure to read it till the end.
What is Social Media eCommerce Marketing?
Social media e-commerce marketing is the use of social media platforms to promote your online store. It can be used to drive brand awareness, interest in your products and services, and sales.
Here are some popular social media e-commerce strategies.
- Drive and direct traffic to your e-commerce website or branded app. This can be done through organic posts, paid ads and social media marketing campaigns.
- Sell your products directly through social media. It has become popular because it allows businesses to sell their products without redirecting customers to their websites.
- Interact directly with your customers and prospects on social channels. This helps build relationships with customers and encourages them to do business with the company again in the future.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to customers. This helps improve customer satisfaction and customer retention. Gather industry and market insights. This helps companies make better decisions about their products, services and marketing campaigns.
- Build an online social media community around your brand. This helps create a sense of belonging and loyalty in your customers.
eCommerce marketing through social media is a highly effective way to reach new customers, increase sales, and grow your eCommerce business. However, it is important to use social media effectively and tailor your marketing efforts to your target audience.
However, other than social media eCommerce marketing, there are also terms like Social Selling and Social Commerce.
Do you know the difference between all three?
The term “social selling” is used when brands use social media to identify, connect with, and nurture with sales prospects. It’s a way to help businesses reach and engage with sales targets through social media.
This term is related to the process when brands sell products or services directly on social media using traditional solutions like Facebook shops, Instagram shops, Pinterest product pins, and TikTok shops.
How Social Media Affects Business
One evergreen explanation for this is that social media is a free marketing tool that lets companies engage customers all over the world.
There are TV ads, print media, and radio ads that have a significant role in modern advertising, but nothing can beat free resources.
However, free isn’t the only factor in social media marketing. Some other benefits of social media marketing in eCommerce are:
1. Bi-directional Communication
When you deliver messages through television and radio ads, you have to wait for months to see if your campaign really works or not. However, social media allows immediate input from users.
2. Partitioning by interest and demography
Gone are the days of generic advertisements. Through social media platforms, it is possible to A/B test highly individualized messages for equivalent audiences.
3. Augmented Effect
With a single tap, users can share the message with hundreds and thousands of friends and followers. You might have to spend thousands of dollars to create a hit radio jingle, but a single image post/creative can go viral overnight. Because here the referral is coming from friends and contacts.
Social Media eCommerce Stats
If you are still not convinced by the whole social media marketing thing, then here are some eCommerce marketing stats that will do the rest of the talking.
- In 2022, sales through social media platforms were around $922 billion and it is expected to hit $2.9 trillion by the year 2026.
- There are 4.7 billion social media users all around the world.
- 47 million new social users are added each month.
- A user spends 2 hours 30 mins. On an average per day on social media platforms.
Why Your Business Should Embrace Social Media?
We spend an enormous amount of time on both computers and mobile phones, of which we spend more than 2 hours on social media.
Having an online presence is important if you want to attract traffic and generate leads, and seeing the data about how much time users spend on social media every single day, it would be a mistake to not invest in social media platforms.
Getting started with social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter can seem daunting, but remember that the largest cost is time, not money.
So, if you are thinking about paid campaigns, stop. Paid campaigns can be stopped at any time, but an organic following is likely the most promising audience.
Overall, social media is a free and effective tool that can help you connect with plenty of potential customers all around the world.
To Sum Up,
In the eCommerce field, social media marketing is the most efficient and effective way to reach the target audience and turn leads into customers.
No other mode of advertisement can deliver consistency and scalability like social media marketing.
However, everyone understands this now, so more and more retailers have started testing social media platforms for advertisement purposes. In such situations, it is crucial for you to understand the pros and cons of this advertising, what it is, and how social media marketing will help your eCommerce business.
For more such tips, you can book a call with our digital marketing consultant.
This is your time to dip your toes into social media.
Meanwhile, happy scrolling!